The site is now running Gatsby v3 🎉
Upgrading was relatively easy
New Features #
Fast Refresh #
Fast Refresh is an implementation of Hot Reloading with full support from React.
It replaces unofficial solutions like
Updated Dependencies #
Webpack 5 #
- Improved build performance with Persistent Caching
- Improved Long-Term Caching with better algorithms and defaults
- Improved bundle size with better Tree Shaking and Code Generation
- Improved compatibility with the web platform
- ECMAScript features/syntax used in generated code
There was a problem with this plugin so I ended up disabling it temporarily.
ERROR (node:21015) [DEP_WEBPACK_COMPILATION_NORMAL_MODULE_LOADER_HOOK] DeprecationWarning: Compilation.hooks.normalModuleLoader was moved to NormalModule.getCompilationHooks(compilation).loader
-'gatsby-plugin-netlify', +// disabled due to bug with webpack +// 'gatsby-plugin-netlify',
gatsby-plugin-netlify Automatically generates a _headers file and a _redirects file at the root of the public folder to configure HTTP headers and redirects on Netlify.
Looking at the plugin it's probably not that useful & a workaround would be to add headers to
[[headers]] for = "/*" [headers.values] X-Frame-Options = "DENY" X-XSS-Protection = "1; mode=block" X-Content-Type-Options = "nosniff" Referrer-Policy = "same-origin"
The source for the site is available on github.